19 Feb Nutrition and Cervical Health
Nutrition for cervical health is not often talked about, but diet can improve or worsen symptoms if you are suffering from cervical cancer or cervical dysplasia. There are a few key points connecting diet and cervical health that are important to remember:
- Certain nutritional deficiencies are linked to cervical health
- Research suggests that some foods may be protective against cervical dysplasia
- Some food categories have been shown in studies to prevent abnormal cells in the cervix from becoming cancerous
- phytoestrogens may exacerbate cervical dysplasia, making the cells of your cervix more likely to become cancerous.
- glucosinolates are a class of nutrients found in certain foods that research shows to be anticarcinogenic in the cervix.
Dr. Naumes, ND emphasizes the importance of nutrition and diet when dealing with most health conditions and wants all clients with cervical health concerns to meet with our nutritionist. We believe that altering your diet can have profound effects on your condition and the symptoms you experience. We offer in-office nutritional counseling visits, meal planning packages, grocery store visits, and pantry clean outs, all of which target different areas of your nutrition to help you implement dietary changes that can help you reach optimal health.
Carina Parikh, MScN, MSiMR is the nutritionist at Holistic Wellness. She holds a Master of Science in Nutrition and a Master of Science in Integrative Medicine Research.