If you have been newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease, you may be struggling to navigate the gluten-free world as you try to improve your condition and health. Going gluten-free can be daunting, but luckily our society is continuing to improve on accommodating people who need to avoid gluten. Certain strategies can help you succeed with transitioning into a gluten-free lifestyle.
- knowing what foods contain gluten (there are some hidden ones you may not even think about!)
- knowing what non-food items contain gluten (did you know most shampoo is not gluten free?)
- learning about restaurants in your area that cater to gluten-free individuals
- learning to cook gluten-free
- how to grocery shop while avoiding gluten
- cross contamination knowledge
- finding social support as you take on this challenge
At Holistic Wellness, we frequently work with individuals on how to transition into a gluten-free diet and lifestyle. By providing guidance and support, we help clients make these necessary dietary changes in a manageable way that is realistic for each person.