Nutrition for cervical health is not often talked about, but diet can improve or worsen symptoms if you are suffering from cervical cancer or cervical dysplasia. There are a few key points connecting diet and cervical health that are important to remember:
- Certain nutritional deficiencies are linked to cervical health
- Research suggests that some foods may be protective against cervical dysplasia
- Some food categories have been shown in studies to prevent abnormal cells in the cervix from becoming cancerous
- phytoestrogens may exacerbate cervical dysplasia, making the cells of your cervix more likely to become cancerous.
- glucosinolates are a class of nutrients found in certain foods that research shows to be anticarcinogenic in the cervix.